To Our Clients:
Our processes are consistent with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements, and it is our job to assure you that we have taken reasonable measures to protect information shared with us.
We take extensive measures to protect all information we handle. Our efforts include:
- All transmissions are encrypted. We use 128-bit RC4 encryption.
- All voice files are encrypted at the computer before transmission from your hospital or clinic to our transcriptionists.
- All unedited transcripts are encrypted before transmission from transcriptionists to your assigned editor.
- All edited transcripts are encrypted before transmission from our editor to the client’s computer.
- All edits are sent to transcriptionists for feedback as encrypted files.
- Even faxes (patient rosters, etc.) which you send to our primary fax servers are encrypted after receipt on our end.
All files stored by Perfect Transcription are encrypted. Any files stored on your local computer are your responsibility, subject to security and privacy policies you implement.
- Protected servers at Perfect Transcription store only encrypted files.
- All voice files and unedited files are deleted from our servers when the final transcript is transmitted to your clinic. After the final transcript is generated, the clinic keeps the only copies of voice on-site, and only for thirty days.
- Transcriptionists and editors’ copies are deleted shortly after completion.